Friday, July 18, 2014

Public Art

I try to appreciate public art works. They don't always hit the mark, and sometimes that is just a matter of taste, but someone has gone to the time and expense of commissioning a work and an artist has produced something to enrich our lives. A little respect is called for, even if the end result doesn't work for everyone.

At my place of work there are a many artworks including some installations by the great local artist Howard Taylor.

I'm not sure this is one that really works for me, but it has a certain presence and has stood the test of time!

 

Enjoy.

If you want to learn more about the artist try this website from the WA Art Gallery. It also links to a self portrait this is one of my favourite works in the gallery.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment