Thursday, June 06, 2013

Sluggish

I'm a little sluggish today.



When you visit another country it isn't always the grand views or the historic monuments or the appalling coffee that grabs your attention. Sometimes it is the small, unexpected, unanticipated thing that piques your interest and engages your camera. In this case the shiny blackness of the slug, the large size and its apparent delight in the rain and cold caught my eye. I'd never seen such a thing before and I laughed when I saw it. I think of visitors to my home town when they see a black swan or a kangaroo and know how they might feel.

Travel, ain't it grand.

3 comments:

  1. Oh god. I know it's amazing and all that - but ugh. I would *so* hate to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by squirrels in London, and one day I hope to see a fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw a badger in the wild in Cornwall. Early morning while walking. Apparently you don't see them very often. Real privilege.

    ReplyDelete